INFINITI Safety Shield® Technology near Roseville, CA
Safety is a Priority at INFINITI!
When you’re out on the road, there’s nothing more important than keeping you and your family safe from harm. That’s why INFINITI vehicles are outfitted with the INFINITI Safety Shield® technology near Roseville, CA. It offers five layers of protection from when a risk has yet to appear, all the way up to a collision. After you see how this technology can keep you safe, you’ll want to go to INFINITI of Elk Grove to see our latest models.
The first layer of protection with INFINITI Safety Shield® technology is when there’s no visible threat, but these features help you maintain a comfortable drive when you’re on the Alan S. Hart Freeway. It offers Intelligent Cruise Control1 that will automatically adjust your speed when you’re dealing with light traffic so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of turning your cruise control on and off. There is also the Distance Control Assist2 which will release the throttle and apply brakes when you’re stuck in stop-and-go traffic.
The next step in INFINITI Safety Shield® technology near Roseville, CA, is at the time that a risk has appeared. That’s when the Lane Departure Warning3 and Blind Spot Warning4 features come into effect. As soon as you lose focus and begin to drift into another lane, Lane Departure Warning3 will alert you and the Land Departure Prevenetion3 feature can guide you back into the correct lane. Blind Spot Warning4 gives you a notification when another vehicle is at your side, and it will give more frantic alerts if you attempt to change lanes with another vehicle in your blind spot.
For when a collision may occur, INFINITI vehicles such as the Q50 use the Brake Assist5 feature to maximize the effectiveness of your brakes. It can anticipate the need for emergency stopping and pre-pressurize the brake system to give you instant response when you hit the pedal.
If a collision is unavoidable, the Forward Emergency Braking6 technology will alert the driver with a screen display and sound. As you are reacting to the hazard, this feature will also push the accelerator up and begin to apply the brakes to slow you down. As it judges your potential for a collision, the Forward Emergency Braking6 system will apply more force to slow you down and keep you safe.
Finally, to protect you in the event of a collision, INFINITI vehicles are designed to keep you out of harm’s way. Crumple zones in the front and rear help to absorb and deflect energy from a collision away from the occupants inside. In addition, the INFINITI Advanced Air Bag System7 provides safety from nearly every angle, whether you’re in the front or rear of the vehicle.
INFINITI of Elk Grove is your local California dealership and you can find an entire lineup of great vehicles complete with INFINITI Safety Shield® technology near Roseville, CA. We are located at 8586 Laguna Grove Drive in Elk Grove, CA, and we are open six days per week!
1. Intelligent Cruise Control is not a collision avoidance system or warning device. Designed to use limited braking. Failure to apply the brakes could result in an accident.
2. Distance Control Assist helps maintain a distance to the vehicle in front under certain conditions. Not a collision avoidance system. Failure to apply the brakes could result in an accident.
3. LDW/LDP operate only when the lane markings are clearly visible. Speed limitations apply. See owner’s manual for details.
4. Blind Spot Warning is not a substitute for proper lane change procedures. The system will not prevent contact with other vehicles or accidents. It may not detect every vehicle or object around you.
5. Brake Assist is only an aid to assist the driver and is not a collision warning or avoidance device. It is the driver’s responsibility to be in control of the vehicle at all times.
6. FEB cannot prevent accidents due to carelessness or dangerous driving techniques. It may not provide warning or braking in certain conditions. Speed limitations apply.
7. Air bags are only a supplemental restraint system; always wear your seat belt. Even with the occupant-classification sensor, rear-facing child restraints should not be placed in the front-passenger’s seat. All children 12 and under should ride in the rear seat properly secured in child restraints, booster seats, or seat belts according to their size. Air bags will only inflate in certain accidents; see your owner’s manual for more details. Always wear your seat belt, and please don’t drink and drive. ©2015 INFINITI, a division of Nissan North America, Inc. All rights reserved.